Mother’s Day is upon us once again, and we wanted to celebrate with our friend’s over at The Nerdy Girlie! Here are the 5 most awesome fictional mothers we wish were ours!
1. Molly Weasley – She’s number 1, of course. Not only was Molly the mother of SEVEN KIDS (unless you count Fred and George as like 12 because, shenanigans!) but she also was the only “mother” Harry ever knew. She straight up ROCKS. She knits, she cooks, she can kick ass.. Molly does it all on top of dealing with her crazy muggle obsessed husband.
2. Endora – She’s got style. She’s always right. She doesn’t care about your mortal husband. In fact, she would happily remove him from the situation entirely if you would only let her. Darrin (1&2) never had a chance. She is the mother that always has
your her best interests in mind even if you don’t like it.
3. Ellen Harvelle – A mom’s mom. Tough as nails. Not afraid of anything. She sacrificed her own life just so that her beloved Jo wouldn’t have to die alone after being shredded by hellhounds. Not only that but she kept her cool the entire time. She also was the only real mother figure the Winchester boys had – she kept those boys in line and damn sure told them when they weren’t.
4. Claire Dunphy – I can relate to Claire. Screaming? Yes. Halloween obsessed? Yes. A bit of a perfectionist who needs to take a Xanax? Yes. And talk about dealing with a nutjob husband. I LOVE Phil but holy moly Claire deals with his crap like a BOSS.
5. Clair Huxtable – The mom I wish I was. Clair had it all. She was confident, classy, intelligent, and in-charge. Clair was the first mom who I can remember on TV that did it all. She was a lawyer, mom to 5 kids, (4 of whom were girls) the wife of Dr. Huxtable (an OB/GYN who ran his practice out of their family home, so crazy schedule), and an accomplished grandmother! While she was a playful and fun mom, she also was not the mom to be trifled with.
Happy Mother’s Day!